IBT Solutions is a SME created in 2013 addressing one of today’s most promising markets, related to the widespread dissemination of intelligence in everyday-usage goods, as well as in products whose features (not only performance) have to be tailored to meet very specific needs. These are the so-called embedded systems. IBT flexibly reacts to customers’ requests in a comprehensive manner which includes both strategic planning and technical design issues, such as:
- Selection of hardware and software platforms
- Development of integrated firmware, software, operating systems and applications
- Concept and design of safety systems
- Products requirements analysis with respect to cost, feasibility, development time, risks, and evolution roadmap
- Development of applications for the automotive domain (OEM and aftermarket), such as black-boxes, airbags, anti-theft devices and, in general, networked embedded systems.
- Effective use of sensors with emphasis on inertial MEMS technologies, including also exploitation of georef information in embedded devices and environmental monitoring exploiting dedicated sensors
- Design of energy-aware systems
Role in the project
IBT Solutions participates to the RECIPE project by collaborating to the UC2, leveraging the weather forecast application to add a predictive aspect to its water management IoT solution. Furthermore, IBTS will lead WP5, focusing in particular on the exploitation, with the goal of exploring avenues for joint spin-offs with technology provides in order to productize the solutions developed during the project, as well as providing consultancy to technology adopters.
Roberta Ianni Alice is the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Intelligence Behind Things Solutions (IBT Solutions srl) since its creation in 2013. In 1988 she got a Master degree in Business Economics (summa cum laude) from the University “La Sapienza”, Roma. From 1988 to 1994 she was analyst programmer at Agrisiel in Rome (Finsiel group). In 1994 she joined the Sinext software house based in Parma, Italy, whose core business was the development of software for banks on IBM 3270. From 1994 to 2010 she covered several roles, including project manager and internal training. Her main interest currently is in the direction of analysing the needs of the customers and to properly mapping in their design flows the available ICT technologies and the IBT Solutions expertise in a cost-effective manner.
Matteo Grotto is the responsible of the technical activities at IBT Solutions (CTO). He has a Master degree in computer engineering from Politecnico di Milano and in 2014 he joined the company after half a dozen years of activity as embedded system developer for several customers. During the last decade he gained a significant experience in the design of embedded systems for automotive covering several aspects including the design of safety systems (e.g., airbags) as well as the design of telematics boxes equipped with inertial sensors and GPS. He filed two patents.